Your Guide to Lifelong OrganizationStay organized -- one day at a time -- with our easy-to-follow checklist.
- What do I need to have a place for?
- Does it need to be within arm's reach, or can it be put away?
- What supplies will help me stay organized?
- How can I label clearly so I remember the organizers' functions?
- Is this the easiest way, or is there a simpler way to do the same thing?
- Do I like the way my system looks and functions?
- How will I remind myself to use my new system until it becomes a habit?
Once your system is in place, get help staying organized with our handy checklist. Professional organizer Candita Clayton of Your Life Organized makes it easy with manageable tasks for every day, week and month of the year. Whether you need daily motivation or a long-range plan, stick to this list and you'll keep clutter and disorganization at bay.
STAY ORGANIZED CHECKLIST: DAILY
Things we handle on a daily basis often build up into a disorganization nightmare: think mail, toiletries and those scraps of paper that never seem to have a home. Develop a daily, routine system to stop messes before they start.
Keys and Personal Items
Implement a routine system that both you and your children can easily follow.