Is there an ORGANIZING GENE?


Is There an Organizing Gene?

Maybe there is a genetic reason why some people are more organized than others? Maybe within our DNA is a gene screaming, `Hey.don't forget to clean the bathroom before you leave' or `file those papers immediately'? If this is the case, wouldn't it be nice if we ALL came with an organizing gene?

I'm not a scientist and I don't have a scientific answer to give you, but many people simply like to be organized, and they enjoy doing it! Just like some people are really interested in sports, cooking, crafts, writing and so on, some people are naturally interested (and good) at organizing.

Whether it's a gene (smile) or a behavior, most ANYONE can become more organized!

Everyone has the capability and wherewithal to learn new skills, (including organization). For instance, I'm not a natural runner by any means. It also isn't my favorite activity to do by any stretch. BUT I know it's good for my health and well-being...and it's a challenge for me, so it's good for my spirit. So I keep doing it. I need music to boost my motivation, but I'm still out there practicing for and running a 5K here and there.

Organizing is the same thing. You may not love it or want to do it, but you can learn how to be more organized today than you were yesterday. All it takes is some know-how, some practice, a good attitude, and maybe a little bit of motivation to entice you.

This week follow this ONE tip.commit 10 MINUTES a day to getting organized. Maybe it's making a grocery list, folding a load of laundry, emptying the dishwasher, putting away your clothes, pulling out an outfit for tomorrow, leaving 10 minutes earlier for work...your choice. Commit to doing it, tell someone you're going to do it, do it, and then reward yourself for your accomplishment


by Marìa Gracia

Comments

Popular Posts